Recipes - Dinner
- Preparation time 20 minutes
- Cooking time 20 minutes
Sausage Courgette and Tomato Spaghetti
Recommended by Denny
Originating from Bololgna in Italy this recipe is a tasty and healthy twist on the original.
- 4 Denny Gold Medal pork sausages
- 1 courgette
- 350g jar vegetable pasta sauce
- Good handful fresh basil leaves, roughly torn.
- 200g dried spaghetti
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. When hot, add sausages, cut into bite-size pieces, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-7 minutes, until golden.
- Add courgette, roughly diced, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in pasta sauce, season and simmer for 5 minutes, until the sauce has reduced slightly and the courgette is tender. Stir in basil leaves.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add spaghetti and cook according to the packet instructions, until al dente.
- Drain well, return to the pan, add the sauce and toss together