Recipes - Dinner
- Preparation time 15 minutes
- Cooking time 30 minutes
Broccoli and Ham Risotto
Recommended by Denny
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion, peeled and diced
- 1.5 litre (3 pints) Vegetable stock
- 1 Leek, trimmed and sliced
- 4 cloves Garlic, crushed,
- 8 slices of Denny Deli Style Ham, cut into strips
- 300 g (11oz) Risotto rice or brown rice
- 160 g (5oz) Broccoli florets
- 2 Thyme sprigs
- Grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large, shallow saucepan on a gentle heat and fry the onion for 3-4 minutes. Stir frequently until the onion is soft.
- Meanwhile make up the stock in a jug using boiling water.
- Add the leek, garlic and ham to onions and stir until the ham starts to brown.
- Add the rice and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Ladle a little of the stock in the pan and stir thoroughly. When most of the liquid has been absorbed, add more and stir. Repeat until all the stock has been used up (this should take about 20 minutes).
- Cut the broccoli into small florets and stir into the risotto. Cook for another 5 minutes until the rice is tender but still has some bite.
- Pick off the leaves from the thyme sprigs and add them to the dish.
- Serve immediately with a little grated Parmesan cheese and black pepper